The benefits of relying on QM software include reducing waste and costs, developing more efficient processes and setting a general direction for an entire organization. Companies can also easily implement new standards.
These are the obvious benefits – but there are other ways in which QM software helps companies get ahead.
Traceability in Case of Audit
Going through an external audit means your organization will have to make relevant data available. The data collected by your QM software will speed up the auditing process and making this data available shows you are cooperating with the auditing agency.
Using a QM solution provides additional benefits if the auditor finds a problem:
- Develop and implement a solution before the deadline set by the auditing agency.
- Show that you are taking a pro-active attitude towards fixing the problem.
- Prove that you have taken the necessary steps to address the issue if a follow-up audit takes place.
Catching Eventual Quality Issues Before the Fact
Defective products can endanger your customers. At the very least, distributing a faulty product will damage your brand reputation. It can also lead to costs linked to legal problems, recalls and repairs.
Relying on QM software makes you more reactive. You will be able to take action before a quality issue costs you money and can quickly roll out a solution and automate specific actions to implement your new quality plan.
Reducing Reworks, Scraps, Recalls, And Associated Costs
What are the top causes behind reworks and scraps in your manufacturing process? One of the purposes of QM software is to gather data so you can precisely answer this question and take steps to address the problem.
Here is how QM software helps reduce costs associated with reworks and waste:
- Red flags go up whenever there is a change of pattern detected with the testing process.
- Catching problems early means you can address it before it spreads to an entire batch of products.
- Gathering data on faulty products allows you to improve your processes on the long-term.
- Determine where the issue is coming from so you can address it without causing any downtime.
- Follow industry standards or internal best practices to address problems in a compliant manner.
Ability to Identify Issues That Need to Be Reported Back to Design
Some quality issues are more serious than others. QM software can recognize these quality issues and let you know when a product should go back to the drawing board.
Distributing a product with a design flaw can put customers’ safety at risk and have disastrous consequences for your brand image. Because redesigning a product takes time, it is crucial to have a reactive solution you can rely on to detect these major quality problems.
You can automate different responses from your QM system. If a design flaw is detected, your QM software can alert key individuals. Your QM solution can also automatically schedule a check for a machine if testing indicates a potential problem with this part of the assembly line.
Quality Management Software allows you to take full control of your quality process while using less manpower, fewer hours and getting better results. These tools make you more reactive and allow you to address issues before they affect customers. The best part is that you can use data to gradually improve your processes and run into fewer quality issues on the long-term.